Knowme..
HI! My name is Chelsea Smith.
I am a graduating senior at San Francisco State University, majoring in Industrial Arts with a concentration in Product Design and Development. My background is as scattered as I am, so I’ll start with my roots or the lack there of. My parents are both military, so what this means for me is that I have moved every two years of my life until I turned 18, which is when I crash landed in San Francisco. Moving so much, I was allowed the opportunity to see the world. I have lived in Europe, South and Central America and of course all over the U.S. It is engrained in my blood to travel, I want to see the world and all it has to offer and that is my primary goal upon completing my one last class at SF state.
I am interested in so much that it kind of makes my head spin just trying to think of a couple things to put down here, so here are a couple so that you get a feel for who I am. I love the details of life; the little things that people don’t like to take the time to notice, details make all the difference in the world. I’m crafty; I love to make stuff no matter what the use or purpose. My current hobby of the month has been making jewelry which I am getting ready to sell at a farmers market in Oakland. I actually recently just moved to Oakland, all the way from across the bay and so far it has been a wonderful change. I live in the hippest of houses; all natural everything, no television, no microwaves, all of my roommates and I grow and eat all our own food, and it is wonderful! Music and art make my world go round, I have a hard time walking down the street without turning on my ipod or just so much as singing a song in my head. If I could pick one thing that “wows” me I would go with my new current new obsession, which is burning man art. Interactive Sculptures that are as tall as buildings, right now I cannot think of anything cooler.
Academically I am right where I want to be, almost done. Professionally I am still very unclear of what I want to do. My real problem isn’t that I don’t know what I want to do; it’s that I want to do everything! I love design; product, graphic, interior, architecture it’s what fascinates me. I would love one day to design a product that would make the world a better place. That is my true vision/ hope for the future.
words.
words.
Creative
Spontaneous
Exuberant
Loving
Vivacious
Lighthearted

No comments:
Post a Comment